Today’s Inspired Action: Follow a Creative Journaling Prompt.
For my Spiritual practice, I:
- READ|Read sacred texts along with A Course In Miracles
- LISTEN|Listen to inspiring music
- SERVE|Offer my service [my day job] in service to those I can help. I am always asking the Spirit of LOVE itself to move through me to help satisfy the person’s need. I cannot satisfy many of my needs… so I certainly cannot satisfy someone else’s needs. I am simply an instrument of LOVE to channel Love and Miracles into reality.
- YOGA|Move my body is daily and intermittent Yoga
- SURRENDER|Have “smart time” in the evening, where my husband and I surrender to the inner Voice for guidance & a time of self discovery.
- DETOX/CLEANSE|Detox with natural foods like green smoothies and whole plant foods…
- CREATIVE JOURNAL|And finally, when I am processing emotions, or working through something within me [maybe I’ve gone around the bend several times with something]… I get out my art journal and play in it for an hour or two.
Creative art journaling is SOUL ART. My art journal is something that I don’t have to share with anyone, and it gives me the freedom to express myself to my eyes only. This is how I see some of the darkest aspects of what is flowing through me. If I’m working on a page, and my inner critic starts condemning me, I just continue on with the process… continuing to go through the creative expression. I do not allow the critic to play with me while I am playing in my journal.
Here’s 20 art prompts you can remove yourself from your reality, and let your authentic self express away!
- Doodle and fill an entire page.
- Just breathe for a minute, connecting to your feelings. Close your eyes and imagine the essence or feeling of what they look like. Draw or paint your feelings.
- Draw an object in your living space using a pen and paper. Once you have your pen touching the paper… do not pick up the pen. Finish the drawing with the pen touching the paper the entire time.
- Do Zentangles. Fill a blank page with shapes and decorate each shape with design and color.
- Write down your 10 commandments…. What are your top 10 beliefs. Draw or paint through illustration just 1 of them.
- Imagine you have a monster of an inner critic. Draw or paint this monster.
- Pick a quote and create an creative journal entry based around this quote.
- What’s your favorite book from childhood? Draw, paint or design your favorite scene in the book.
- Think about someone who inspires you. Draw or Paint the essence of the characteristics that person has flowing through them which makes them so inspirational? Choose 3-4 characteristics to inspire your creative journal page.
- Journal what is on your mind right now. Show yourself the moment.
- Write down a decorative page encompassing a mantra. I love this moment; Life is good only; The universe responds, I ask and receive only good from it; I believe in LOVE and MIRACLES…
- Go on an outdoor adventure and document what you see. Write it, paint it, draw it… let it out.
- Write out 10 things you are truly grateful and use it to inspire your next creative journal page.
- Write a lyric from your favorite song… Creative Journal around that.
- Find a poem that inspires you, illustrate it on your next journal entry.
- Pretend YOU are a goddess [you are]. Paint, Draw, Sketch her in your Creative Journal.
- Write a compliment about you… maybe something you have already accomplished… or something that you innately are.
- Draw, Paint or Sketch a page in your creative journal for reoccurring dreams.
- Draw, Collage, Paint or Sketch a house that is your Sanctuary… a place for you to heal, retreat and experience wholeness forever. What is it you desire in this house? What does the house look like? Either choose the entire outside of the house… or just do room by room. Big Project.
- Draw the contents within your body in terms of energy. What does the energy look like to you inside your left foot in comparison to your right foot? Now illustrate that inside of a generalized outline of your body. Do front and back. Sometimes you can see only darkness… sometimes only light, denote that too. Do any colors emanate from the body, beyond the skin? illustrate that too.