Today’s Inspired Action: Make Garlic Soup!
Cultures swear by this concoction. It’s an amazing spring-up cure for any “under the weather” feelings. Honestly, the large amount of garlic can be unnerving… but when it becomes cooked, the flavor mellows.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 4 heads of garlic
- 1 bunch parsley, thyme or marjoram [tie to a bundle with a string]
- 1 quart vegetable broth or water
- 1 juiced lemon
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Breaking up the heads of garlic into cloves, discard the flaky membrane, yet don’t peel the cloves.
- Place in a 4 quart soup pot with the herbs.
- Add the broth, cover and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes until garlic is very soft.
- Strain through the fine disk of a food mill or puree in blender/food processor.
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper.