I know it’s St. Patrick’s Day… and there’s so many festivities to do something fun with. But I walk the intuitive way, and I got an internal hit this Season of Beginnings to burn a little bit of the midnight oil and make a gratitude calendar.
As women, we are super-powerful when it comes to imprinting our emotional-magic on our household. This, for one reason, is why it is so important to be accountable for the spiritual atmosphere we create.
So Today’s Inspired Action: Make a Gratitude Calendar. It acts a lot like a daily journal… only I write out my daily intentions, a-ha’s, inspirations & what I am grateful for upon each page. If you decide to use your calendar for more than one year [like the one I have made], make sure to leave out the corresponding day of the week on each page.
I can hardly wait to see what inspirations fill up this year’s Gratitude Calendar!
Supplies I used:
- [4 packages] 4″ x 6″ blank index cards [100 each package – need 365 pages]
- 1 small sheet foam core [to make the box holder]
- ruler | straight edge
- rainbow variety colored papers [cut into 4″ x 6″ rectangles | I like the miscellaneous pages to create art upon as I am inspired. I tend to intermix the colored pages to color coordinate with the 8 Seasons of the year.]
- hot glue gun
- 4 beads [from a broken necklace | to be used as feet]
- scraps of colored magazine paper [to modge podge my box with]
- scissors | paper cutter
- modge podge | applicator | plastic scraper [to scrape off excess modge podge]
- colored marking pens [to write out the month and day on each index paper]
First stage of this project was to cut my foam core pieces in order to make my box. I actually measured how much paper I was going to have in the box first before I began this project. I knew I needed a box 4.5″ x 5″ that was 2.5″ deep.
Next step was to use the glue gun and assemble my box.
Next step, modge podge. I used magazine scraps to cover my box. I chose images that were bright and colorful.
Once I finished modge podging my magazine scraps onto the foam core box, I decided to add glitter. After all, I want each intention and voiced-gratitude to be just as bright and glittery as the box I used to hold them.
Looking pretty. And now for some feet…
Just add a decent amount of hot glue to each of the 4 beads and attach them to the bottom of the box. Make sure to hand hold in place, until fully dry. Be cautious with hot glue though [especially if you don’t have utility hands like mine. lol.] Almost there…
Here I added the month and day only to each of the pages. I want to make sure & recycle my calendar for a few years to come. That’s part of the fun [looking back on previous years of blessings, thoughts, good intentions, gratitude and daily joy].
And voila! Now before I go to bed… and before I write in my thoughts and gratitude…
I want to invite you to share your Gratitude with me at SHE POSSIBLE’s Facebook Page.
And if you happen to make your own Gratitude Calendar… I’d love to see it too!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!