Today’s Inspired Action:
GREEN smoothies are simple to make. They require just:
1 cup liquid + 1 cup packed greens [kale/spinach/chard/etc.] + 1 cup fruit. This = about 3 6 oz. servings.
- I happened to purchase a Vitamix one year while at my local Costco, and absolutely love it. However, I used this recipe with my regular ol’ Blender purchased at my local superstore before the purchase.
- Use fresh or semi-thawed-frozen fruit so you can make smoothies all year long.
- frozen bananas tend to give a fabulous consistency to the smoothies. I purchase ripe bananas and place individually in snack sacks to be put aside in the freezer for a later date.
- Try almond milk or coconut water to add to your smoothies instead of milk.
- You can also add in flax seeds, chia seeds as well as sprouts.