Cardamom is a spice that comes from India. The pods and seeds are used for cooking and medicine. Cardamom’s a source for antioxidants and also holds antiseptic and anesthetic properties. The flavors of Cardamom are sweet and delicate, and is often used for desserts, flavoring coffees, teas and liquors.
- Add loose black or green tea to the teapot.
- Place the cardamom seeds into the saucepan. Add water, then put the saucepan on the stove. Let the combination simmer on low heat for three to five minutes
- Remove the saucepan from the stove. Pour the water with the cardamom seeds into the teapot.
- Let the mixture steep for three to five minutes. Use the strainer to filter out the tea leaves and cardamom seeds as you pour the liquid into your teacup.
- Stir in milk and sugar to taste, if desired.