The Spirit is my Mentor… who keeps guiding me Home. She teaches me as she helps me discern what I feel in my heart. Without her, I would still be numb in life! She keeps my focus on what is True, offering me clarity even during emotional storms. My Mentor really helps me cut through all the crap and calls me out on the carpet when I am projecting beliefs out of fear-based thinking. She keeps me accountable because she never leaves my side. I am thankful for Her.
I’ve been hearing from so many women who are telling me they too have the Spirit as their Mentor. And it is really exciting to hear. Many are sharing the common teachings of what the Spirit is placing on their hearts:
- We must forgive ourselves for somehow choosing not to Love.
- The Truth is always abundant… but reality is governed by our thinking… so darkened thinking produces darkened illusions causing us to not fully trust what the Spirit is saying [or not hear/listen to the spirit]. This is where confusion comes into our reality.
- Darkness is just the lack of light and is felt because we lack Love. And the only reason we lack Love is because we do not perceive being whole in Love. We somehow will not… because of how we see ourselves. Hopelessness and Depression are fed by believing that we are separate from Life. We perceive our reality in accordance to how we see ourselves. And when fear [darkness] remains within us, we see ourselves as needing Love [life], and therefore in lack.
I’ve been a student of spiritual teachings all my life. I especially have enjoyed The Course Of Miracles over the last 5 years and have found all these shared messages in total alignment with the concept that Love has a Whole Plan for us:
- To bless us only. [Punishment is a concept totally opposed to right-mindedness, and the aim of right evalutaion is to restore right-mindedness to us. It is through the Spirit which we learn and understand how to sort the false from the true in order to attain right-mindedness].
- To understand peace and joy. [Judgment is not an Attribute of Love. It is only brought into being after we separated from Love and has become a Great learning tool which helps us feel really uncomfortable keeping Love out of our heart. It is through the experience of Judgment that we surrender to Love, as we are not designed to remain in judgment of ourselves forever. It is because of the Judgments we hold and process that we learn what is worthy and what is not. Herein we discover the peace of what is True about who and what we are… and our joy runs over.]
- To restore the awareness of reality by restoring at-one-ment with Perfect Love Itself. [When everything you retain is lovable, there is no reason for fear to remain with you.]
I know, from experiencing the “mirror” quality of life [where Life shows back to you everything that you think and believe to be true in your heart]… that the Mind is very powerful at amplifying our feelings & beliefs. I’ve loved the experience of those great feelings… it’s those hidden fears that have got me on my knees every time. Yet, my Mentor keeps assuring me that all I have to do is focus on my quality of thinking. Everything else, Love has under control! [Thank God!]
In my almost 36 years, I’ve never found my healing [my wholeness] in my relationships, my success, my family, my finances, my health, my body image, my social standing, my creativity… nope!
I’ve only found my wholeness within… in the Inner Temple. That is where my Mentor keeps taking me. And the more I return there and surrender to Love, the easier it gets to stay there… and the more difficult it is to sustain in stubborn denial/refusal of it. [Also, Thank God!]
And as I follow my Mentor into the Inner Temple [that place within me], I find that refinement of my thoughts take place [there alone – I never get “better” out in the world]. And the Spirit begins to show me my fears are kept alive by my will alone, not by anything or anyone out-there in the world. She shows me that all fears are always empty of content as they have no substance! She never judges me, but shares with me, “it’s good to have you home”. And it is from here that I find Love as more than just a name, idea or brand. I find Love in the relationship. She is my inspiration to explore what is possible. Home is where I discover and remember the best of me is not in who I become [for who I become isn’t even real]… The real is found in who I’ve always authentically been!
Feel free to share your experiences and what you are learning from your Mentor, The Spirit in the comments below or on SHE POSSIBLE Facebook Page.