Top 5 Essential Oils for your home…
I love aromatherapy. I use it for emotional relief, antiseptic, beauty regimens and more. These oils are extracted from various parts of plants. As steam runs through the plant, it breaks down the cells that carry the oil. Then, the oil and steam are carried into a cooling chamber where they are separated. This is how the Essential Oils are produced.
I put together this list of my favorites [which happen to be some of the most affordable choices] and are most used in my household. Here’s why:
- Lavender – Stress reduction, ANTISEPTIC, PAIN RELIEVER, SOOTHE BURNS & BITES. Aids in relaxation. Can use with SHAMPOO [few drops].
- Peppermint – Relieves CONGESTION, HEADACHES, MIGRAINES, DIGESTION issues and stimulates CONCENTRATION & AWARENESS.
- Lemon – Increase CONCENTRATION & AWARENESS, ANTISEPTIC, ANTIFUNGAL, cleans out WOUNDS, use in water to wash vegetables and fruits.
- Tea Tree [Melaleuca] – Treats OILY SKIN, SOOTHES MINOR WOUNDS, USE WITH SHAMPOO [few drops], INSECT REPELLENT. This is also simply the BEST for acne treatment
- Eucalyptus – ANTIMICROBRIAL, ANTIVIRAL, ANTI-INFLAMMATORY, great for RESPIRATORY issues and MUSCLE soreness.
Today’s Inspired Action: Use at least 1 Essential Oil based on how you see yourself using them. Start with Lavender or Peppermint and increase your collection slowly. Essential Oils are meant to add into your life and be used. Remember to keep the lids on tightly and store in a cool place out of sunlight. And always, always dilute the oils with a carrier oil. Olive oil from the kitchen will do finely. Just apply a dime sized drop of Olive oil per 1 – 2 drops Essential Oils. Do a skin patch test to see how you react to these concentrated oils before purchasing. Most stores have tester oils which you can determine your reaction to before purchasing.
For more information on Essential Oils, I highly recommend this book. It is in my personal library.
Have a wonderful day today!